Nominations are now open until Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020, for our 2020 CPSA Council Election to fill two physician vacancies. Both positions are for a 3-year term starting January 1, 2021.
How to submit a nomination
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements
- Find three colleagues in good standing to endorse your nomination using this form.
- Complete the Physician Candidate Profile form. Please note each section has a character limit to ensure submissions are consistent.
- Send both completed forms, along with a photo of yourself (high-resolution, black and white head shot), to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will accept nomination submissions until 4:15 pm (MT) on September 9, 2020.
Tips for candidates
- CPSA Councillors do not represent a constituency like AMA representatives. As a Councillor, you will help ensure CPSA fulfills its role to protect Albertans.
- Being a Councillor is a significant time commitment, including reviewing materials and attending meetings, plus additional committee work.
- Sitting on CPSA Council is an opportunity to share your unique views as a practising physician on how CPSA can meet its responsibility to regulate medical practice in Alberta.
- The privilege of profession-led regulation is fundamental to our profession. The work of Council is essential, and must be done well to maintain trust with patients and our colleagues.
For additional information on becoming a CPSA councillor see:
- Role of a CPSA Councillor
- June Messenger article on Councillor Dr. Luke Savage
- Council President Dr. John Bradley’s virtual information session
- Email email@example.com