CPSA’s review panel
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your registration application, you are entitled to have our decision on your practice permit reviewed by a three-person panel of CPSA Council. This review process is overseen under Alberta’s Health Professions Act (HPA).
If you’re a physician applying for registration, a practice permit or practice permit reinstatement, you have the option to review:
- a registration decision made by the Registrar or Assistant Registrar
- a practice permit decision made by the Registrar or Assistant Registrar
- Email a request to email@example.com for review in writing within 30 days of receiving our decision by using the contact form below. The request should clearly outline what you want to have reviewed and why. The review also costs $2,730, which must be paid when you submit the request.
- CPSA’s Review Panel is responsible for the ultimate decision in the review. At least one member of the three-person panel will be a CPSA Councillor who is a member of the general public.
- The review will be attended by you, the CPSA Registrar (or Assistant Registrar) and the CPSA Review Panel. You are entitled to legal counsel if you wish – CPSA’s Registrar and the Review Panel may each also be represented by their own independent legal counsel. Typically this is all done over teleconference.
- The Review Panel will deliberate and prepare a written decision after the review.