Important! Physicians are not eligible for physician assistant registration. Please also note our online application form is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
As of April 1, 2021, all physician assistants (PAs) wanting to practice in Alberta must register with CPSA. This includes PAs that were previously on our voluntary listing.
To register with CPSA as a physician assistant, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Two (2) years of physician assistant training that leads to a degree in physician assistant studies
- Certification as a physician assistant by the Canadian Association of Physician Assistants (CAPA)
- Currency of practice as a physician assistant
- English language proficiency
Just like Alberta physicians, registered Physician Assistants (PAs) will have to renew their practice permit and pay fees annually.
We’re still working on all the details. We will update this page and connect with you directly as more information becomes available.
Fees you can expect
- Registration Fee $400.00
- Practice Permit annual fee $537.50
*At its March 5, 2021 meeting, CPSA Council approved to waive both PA fees for 2021.
Questions? Contact us.