Featured NewsAll News
Featured NewsAll News & Events
Want to submit an article?
- All article and FYI ideas must be submitted by noon on the pitch deadline day (please see the Messenger schedule below for specific deadline dates).
- You will be notified the day following the pitch deadline if your story has been accepted for the current issue of The Messenger. Alternatively, you may be notified if your submission would be better suited for a future issue or a different platform.
- CPSA welcomes all pitch ideas, however, the most timely and relevant articles and FYIs will be given priority.
Articles must be:
- directly related to CPSA’s business,
- from programs or organizations CPSA collaborates with or supports, or
- regulatory or legislatively-required information.
Submissions should be written in plain language. All articles are subject to editing for tone, style and clarity, and CPSA reserves the right to edit or decline content submissions.
Submitting an opinion piece or editorial? Please include:
- an author name
- contact information
- a brief author biography
Have relevant news, resources or an event you’d like to share? We welcome submissions for the FYI section of The Messenger. Submissions should be 50 words or less, of interest to Alberta physicians and/or related to Alberta’s health care system.
The Messenger does not accept advertising or job postings and will promote only those events, resources and submissions that meet our editorial standards.
Share your Messenger submission
2022 Messenger publication schedule
|Issue||Pitch deadline||Completed Article/FYI Submission Deadline||Distribution|
|January (Issue 292)||Jan. 6||Jan. 11||Jan. 20|
|February (Issue 293)||Jan. 26||Feb. 1||Feb. 10|
|March (Issue 294)||Feb. 23||March 1||March 10|
|April (Issue 295)||March 23||April 5||April 14|
|May (Issue 296)||April 27||May 3||May 12|
|June (Issue 297)||May 25||May 31||June 9|
|July (Issue 298)||June 29||July 5||July 14|
|August (Issue 299)||July 27||Aug. 2||Aug. 11|
|September (Issue 300)||Aug. 31||Sept. 6||Sept. 15|
|October (Issue 301)||Sept. 28||Oct. 4||Oct. 13|
|November (Issue 302)||Oct. 26||Nov. 1||Nov. 10|
|December (Issue 303)||Nov. 23||Nov. 29||Dec. 8|
|January 2023 (Issue 304)||Jan. 5||Jan. 10||Jan. 19|
Physicians: haven’t received The Messenger lately?
We may not have your current email. Below are ways you can update your email with CPSA:
- Visit the Physician Portal and select “Update my practice profile”;
- Email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Submit a notification of change form.
If you are retired or not practising but would still like to receive The Messenger, subscribe using the form below!
Subscribe to receive The Messenger
Everyone is welcome to subscribe and receive The Messenger.