Featured NewsAll News
Featured NewsAll News & Events
Want to submit an article?
- All article and FYI ideas must be submitted by noon on the pitch deadline day (please see the Messenger schedule below for specific deadline dates).
- You will be notified the day following the pitch deadline if your story has been accepted for the current issue of The Messenger. Alternatively, you may be notified if your submission would be better suited for a future issue or a different platform.
- CPSA welcomes all pitch ideas, however, the most timely and relevant articles and FYIs will be given priority.
Articles must be:
- directly related to CPSA’s business,
- from programs or organizations CPSA collaborates with or supports, or
- regulatory or legislatively-required information.
Submissions should be written in plain language. All articles are subject to editing for tone, style and clarity, and CPSA reserves the right to edit or decline content submissions.
Submitting an opinion piece or editorial? Please include:
- an author name
- contact information
- a brief author biography
Have relevant news, resources or an event you’d like to share? We welcome submissions for the FYI section of The Messenger. Submissions should be 50 words or less, of interest to Alberta physicians and/or related to Alberta’s health care system.
The Messenger does not accept advertising or job postings and will promote only those events, resources and submissions that meet our editorial standards.
Share your Messenger submission
2021 Messenger publication schedule
|Issue||Pitch deadline||Completed Article/FYI Submission Deadline||Distribution|
|January (Issue 280)||December 30||January 5||January 14|
|February (Issue 281)||January 27||February 2||February 11|
|March (Issue 282)||February 24||March 2||March 11|
|April (Issue 283)||March 24||March 30||April 8|
|May (Issue 284)||April 28||May 4||May 13|
|June (Issue 285)||May 26||June 1||June 10|
|July (Issue 286)||June 23||June 29||July 8|
|August (Issue 287)||July 28||August 3||August 12|
|September (Issue 288)||August 25||August 31||September 9|
|October (Issue 289)||September 29||October 5||October 14|
|November (Issue 290)||October 27||November 2||November 10|
|December (Issue 291)||November 24||November 30||December 9|
|January 2022 (Issue 292)||December 29||January 4||January 13|
Physicians: haven’t received The Messenger lately?
We may not have your current email. Below are ways you can update your email with CPSA:
- Visit the Physician Portal and select “Update my practice profile”;
- Email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Submit a notification of change form.
If you are retired or not practising but would still like to receive The Messenger, subscribe using the form below!
Subscribe to receive The Messenger
Everyone is welcome to subscribe and receive The Messenger.