Back to All FAQs

Who do I speak with about concerns regarding care from a non-physician or facility?

Posted May 3, 2021

Concerns about the care provided by a physician assistant can be directed to CPSA as they fall under our regulation.

For questions or concerns about care provided by non-physicians and/or standards of accommodation received by a patient in a hospital, nursing home, non-hospital surgical facility or community program administered by, or under contract to, Alberta Health Services (AHS) or Covenant Health, contact AHS or Covenant Health, depending on the facility. If the concern is regarding a privately-owned facility, then please contact the management of the facility directly.

You may also contact the regulatory authority (e.g. Alberta College of Pharmacy for pharmacists, the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta for nurses) of an individual healthcare provider involved.