Back to All FAQs

What happens if I have a PC and choose to discontinue my practice permit or retire from practice?

Posted June 4, 2020

We will cancel your CPSA PC Permit on the same day you discontinue your practice permit and notify Alberta Health. Only certain regulated members can maintain a CPSA PC Permit. Retired physicians can’t hold a CPSA PC permit.
Although your PC Permit with CPSA will be cancelled, your professional corporation can continue with the Corporate Registry. Please contact your lawyer or accountant for more information.