Back to All FAQs

What can I do if my secure forms are lost or stolen?

Posted April 14, 2021

Prescribers must notify police and TPP Alberta immediately. You can contact us at or 1-800-561-3899, ext. 4939, or submit a report via TPP Alberta’s website.

The prescriber should provide the following information to TPP Alberta:

  • Prescriber contact information and registration number
  • Date of loss or theft
  • Tracking numbers of missing forms
  • Name of the last patient prescribed a secure prescription
  • The police file number and the investigating constable’s name and phone number

While this is not required, we encourage including details on circumstances related to the incident. Where available, this information is used in a de-identified format to inform guidance from TPP Alberta.