Back to All FAQs

I already did an elective in Alberta and am returning for another. Do I have to complete the entire registration process again?

Posted June 4, 2020

If you were already registered in Alberta for an elective, you do not have to reapply or pay a registration fee. You need to:

Ask your university to update CPSA with your new elective dates.
Send CPSA a Certificate of Professional Conduct.
Send CPSA a new criminal record check or police certificate from every jurisdiction you have ever lived (90+ days) within 10 years of your CPSA application or dating back to your 18th birthday. We do not need a vulnerable sector check, but will accept one if it is a part of your criminal record check.