Back to All FAQs

Do I need to register with TPP Alberta in order to prescribe buprenorphine/naloxone?

Posted June 4, 2020

No. As of July 2019, when buprenorphine/naloxone was changed to Type 2 TPP Alberta status, registration with the Program was no longer required.  Use of the secure TPP Alberta secure form is no longer required when prescribing buprenorphine/naloxone combination products.  Single-entity buprenorphine products continue to be  TPP Type 1 category so registration with TPP Alberta and use of the secure pad are required.