An opportunity exists for a practising physician to represent the profession (AMA and CPSA) on the Provincial Health Information Data Governance Committee (HIDGC).
HIDGC advises the Minister of Health and is responsible for providing strategic input and policy advice in matters that pertain to health information management.
Those interested physicians are asked to submit a cover letter and an abridged curriculum vitae (government template) indicating their relevant qualifications, experiences, and achievements to Sarah Zieminek (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Nov. 30.
Key characteristics of the successful candidate may include, but are not limited to, a keen interest in health information policy and governance, credibility within the profession and success in working collaboratively in a dynamic group setting.
The successful candidate will also be invited to sit as a member on the AMA’s Informatics Advisory Committee (which provides issue management coordination and policy advice to the AMA Board).
Finally, as this is a ministerial committee, the committee appointment will be made by the Minister through a Ministerial Order. Three short listed applications will be determined jointly by the AMA and CPSA, and forwarded onto the office of the Minister.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Leona LaChance (leona.lachance@albertadoctors,org) or Caroline Garland (email@example.com). For the HIDGC Terms of Reference, please email Sarah Zieminek (above).
LENGTH OF TERM AND TIME COMMITMENT
- Appointment is for a 3-year term
- HIDGC meets quarterly, in person/virtual meetings (2-3 hours duration) are anticipated
- Informatics Advisory Committee meets approximately 8 times a year (every 6 weeks) virtually
BENEFITS OF JOINING
- Support the AMA and the profession in a foundational undertaking of critical importance to the profession
- Work with others to create a positive committee environment and to effect constructive solutions
- Note: AMA Guide for Honoraria and Expense Allowance will apply
SKILLS – SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED FOR A POSITION ON THIS COMMITTEE:
- Interest and aptitude in health informatics
- Ability to work respectfully with others and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Adept in navigating differing stakeholder interests to ensure AMA/CPSA needs are understood
- Competence in advocating and representing practising physicians