Back to All FAQs

I am a physician. Can I access patient records from Alberta Health Services (AHS) to respond to a complaint?

Posted April 19, 2022

If CPSA receives a complaint about care you provided in an AHS facility, you can request access to health information related to this care held by AHS (such as patient records) for the purpose of responding to the complaint. Simply complete the AHS Physician Use and Disclosure of Health Information for Responding to a CPSA Complaint form and submit it to AHS as per the instructions on the form.

Members of the AHS medical staff can log into the AHS Unified Access Portal to access the form, FAQs and additional information.