Using personal reflection and feedback allows physicians to recognize the value of being their very best selves on a personal level. Here are some options to help you start on a path of personal development:
- Complete a multi-source feedback review (such as the Medical Council of Canada’s MCC 360).
- Review feedback from peers, learners and patients with your direct supervisor or a facilitator. This feedback could be gathered through performance reviews from your colleagues, teaching evaluations or patient surveys.
- Physician wellness is critical as burnout and system stress impact performance. Resources to address these issues may be valuable options.
- Engage a peer for facilitated debriefing, to identify areas for improvement and for help establishing your action plan.
- Work with a certified coach to take a deeper dive into your personal development (one option is to engage a Certified Executive Coach).