Are you an experienced physician with an interest in competence and continuous professional development?
If so, consider an active role in profession-led governance by joining a CPSA committee. Our Competence Committee is currently seeking new members.
Under the Health Professions Act (HPA), the Competence Committee makes recommendations to CPSA’s Council about our quality improvement and assurance programs, which include general assessments, continuous professional development and competence assessments. As a committee member, you will provide direction and guidance on the development, implementation and evaluation of these programs. This is a compensated role, and serving on this committee provides an opportunity to liaise closely with other physician, colleagues, including the Assistant Registrar of Continuing Competence, as well as CPSA team members.
- You hold a valid, active permit to practise medicine in Alberta and are in good standing with CPSA.
- You have a minimum of five years practice experience.
- We also consider involvement in teaching, education, remediation and continuous quality improvement assets.
- Competence Committee meets up to three times per year, for three-to-six hours. Meetings are held virtually and/or in person.
- Members need to review and be familiar with meeting material prior to meetings.
- CPSA provides committee members with an honorarium and reimburses relevant expenses based on CPSA rates.
How to apply:
- If you are interested and want to apply, or require additional information, simply email Annick Belanger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline to apply is Friday, Sept. 15, 2023
This is your opportunity to help us “do it better”. We look forward to hearing from you!