Alberta Health Services (AHS) has identified that some referrals to Calgary Zone Urology may have been sent to a legacy fax number that is no longer functional. They are asking for help from referring providers to identify which referrals are impacted and to update your system so future faxes get to the right place.
Referring providers are asked to:
1. Check your patient panel to see if you’ve sent any patients to Calgary Zone Urology and/or Calgary Zone FAST Urology between Aug. 9, 2023 and Jan. 1, 2024.
- Identify which patient referrals have not received a consult letter, appointment booking or confirmation of being on a waitlist.
- Label any outstanding referrals with LEGACY REFERRAL and fax the outstanding referral to 1-833-627-7023.
- If you have access to Netcare, referral status can also be confirmed by logging into the patient record and viewing the Referrals in Progress on the left.
2. Update your fax phone book to remove the legacy Urology Central Intake (UCI) number 403-592-4250 and add in the Calgary FAST 1-833-627-7023.
3. Confirm if you have faxed legacy referrals or if you aren’t sure, please call the FAST office to let them know at 1-833-553-3278 Ext 4.
Please print this poster and post by your fax machine to remind staff to submit to Calgary Zone FAST for all available surgical specialties.
On behalf of AHS, we appreciate your attention and response. If you have any questions, please call 1-833-553-3278 (Monday – Friday) or email ABFAST@ahs.ca.