Due to out-of-control wildfires, evacuation orders have been issued for several communities in central Alberta, displacing physicians, patients and other healthcare professionals. We offer our support to those whose families, friends, homes or businesses have been impacted.
- If you have been displaced by the wildfires and are in need of medical care but are unsure of where to go, please contact Health Link at 811. In emergency situations, call 911.
- If you are in need of medication or a prescription refill, community pharmacies may be able to help. To find a pharmacy near you, visit abpharmacy.ca.
- To locate contact information for physicians or clinics in the area you have been temporarily relocated to, visit the Find a Physician search on our homepage.
- If providing acute care for a patient displaced by the wildfires, please assess their needs by accessing Netcare (if available) and completing a medical history to the best of your abilities.
- In emergency situations, we understand it may be difficult to follow some components of CPSA’s Standards of Practice. CPSA will always consider individual circumstances and our first priority is safe patient care.
- For questions or concerns regarding your practice, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will update this page as more information becomes available. The latest wildfire emergency updates, including evacuation and re-entry information, can be found on the Government of Alberta’s Active Emergency Updates website and the AHS Wildfire Resource website.
Last updated: May 5 @ 4:15 p.m.