Back to All FAQs

Do I need further experiential training to receive an OAT Initiation Approval?

Posted June 4, 2020

The Alberta ODT Virtual Training Program provides the required experiential training for an approval. If you would still like to work with a mentor for your own education, CPSA can facilitate this arrangement.

If you have taken the BCCSU-Provincial Opioid Addiction Treatment Support Program or the CAMH-Opioid Dependence Treatment Certificate Program, you will need to arrange for direct training, supervision and mentorship with an experienced, CPSA-approved initiating physician to complete your requirements for an approval.

Please contact us for further information at