The nomination period is from Friday, Aug. 16 – Friday, Sept. 13, 2019.
Want to learn more about sitting on CPSA Council?
How do I submit a nomination?
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Complete a nomination form by asking three CPSA members in good standing to endorse your nomination. Only nominations submitted on the nomination form will be accepted.
- Tell us about yourself by filling out a physician candidate profile form. Profiles must be submitted using only the space on the form to ensure consistency.
- Nomination forms, profiles and a high-resolution, black-and-white photo (head shot only) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:15 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13, 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns about the nomination process, please contact Gail Jones, Senior Executive Assistant, at email@example.com or 780-969-4970.
A regulated member on the General Register, the Provisional Register or the Limited Practice Register (whether a physician, surgeon, osteopath or physician assistant) may stand for nomination, nominate a colleague and vote in the election if:
- no fees, costs, fines, assessments, levies, or any other sums are owing by the member to the College;
- the member has a valid and current practice permit that is not currently suspended; and
- the member is in compliance with all orders or directions made pursuant to the Health Information Act.
A regulated member is not eligible to be nominated for or elected as a member of Council if:
- the member is currently subject to certain undertakings, conditions imposed under section 55 or 65, or directions under section 118 of the Act; or
- has been formally charged with unprofessional conduct that has not yet been determined by a Hearing Tribunal; or
- has been found guilty of unprofessional conduct within the preceding ten (10) years.
Related NewsAll News & Events
September 21, 2023
CPSA Council appoints 2024 Executive Committee
Made up of regulated members and public members who are passionate about medical regulation and health care, CPSA Council is responsible for setting CPSA’s direction and policies. Council has several standing committees for serving Council members to take part in, one of which is the CPSA Executive Committee. The Executive Committee sets the important business...