The nomination period is from Friday, Aug. 16 – Friday, Sept. 13, 2019.
Want to learn more about sitting on CPSA Council?
How do I submit a nomination?
- Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Complete a nomination form by asking three CPSA members in good standing to endorse your nomination. Only nominations submitted on the nomination form will be accepted.
- Tell us about yourself by filling out a physician candidate profile form. Profiles must be submitted using only the space on the form to ensure consistency.
- Nomination forms, profiles and a high-resolution, black-and-white photo (head shot only) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:15 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 13, 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns about the nomination process, please contact Gail Jones, Senior Executive Assistant, at email@example.com or 780-969-4970.
A regulated member on the General Register, the Provisional Register or the Limited Practice Register (whether a physician, surgeon, osteopath or physician assistant) may stand for nomination, nominate a colleague and vote in the election if:
- no fees, costs, fines, assessments, levies, or any other sums are owing by the member to the College;
- the member has a valid and current practice permit that is not currently suspended; and
- the member is in compliance with all orders or directions made pursuant to the Health Information Act.
A regulated member is not eligible to be nominated for or elected as a member of Council if:
- the member is currently subject to certain undertakings, conditions imposed under section 55 or 65, or directions under section 118 of the Act; or
- has been formally charged with unprofessional conduct that has not yet been determined by a Hearing Tribunal; or
- has been found guilty of unprofessional conduct within the preceding ten (10) years.