Back to All FAQs

Who should I contact if I have concerns about another physician?

Posted June 4, 2020

If you have concerns about a colleague who may have a health condition affecting safe patient care, please contact HPCM. You can remain anonymous and your conversation will always be confidential.

In some circumstances, it is your duty to report another physician, for example:

  • You must report another physician to CPSA when you reasonably believe their conduct puts patients at risk, or is considered unprofessional conduct under the Health Professions Act.
  • You also have a duty to report to CPSA if you’re treating a physician who has a health condition that may impact the safety of their patients.