About Dr. Marnie Hinton
Dr. Marnie Hinton was a long-time Alberta physician who dedicated her life to physician health. For nearly 25 years, she worked with doctors struggling with addiction through the CPSA’s Physicians Aftercare Program, sharing her wisdom about healthy sobriety and even taking members to recovery meetings in her off-hours.
Who is eligible?
Residents at University of Alberta who are in satisfactory academic standing and have demonstrated an interest in physician health. Residents are welcome to apply for this award. Please contact the U of A Office of Advocacy & Wellbeing for more information.
Residents at University of Calgary who are in satisfactory academic standing and have demonstrated significant contributions to the advancement of physician wellness. Please submit nominations letters to email@example.com.
How it works
- University of Alberta – $1,000 to a U of A resident physician (awarded in the spring)
- University of Calgary – $500 each to two U of C resident physicians (awarded in the fall)
And the award goes to…
University of Alberta
- 2021 award recipient: Dr. Alanna Supersad
- 2020 award recipient: Dr. Seyara Shwetz
- 2019 award recipient: Dr. Lindsay Hubenig
- 2018 award recipient: Dr. Zafrina Poonja
University of Calgary
- 2021 and 2019/2020 award recipients coming soon!
- 2018 award recipients: Dr. Jeffrey McCarthy and Dr. Darby Ewashina