2019 Annual Renewal for physicians and professional corporations is now open!
Get your forms & payments in by Dec. 31.
Physicians must be registered with the College and hold a valid practice permit to practise medicine in Alberta. Physicians must renew their practice permit annually by December 31 to avoid late payment penalties and possible permit cancellation. The renewal process includes:
- payment of annual fees,
- possession of liability coverage/insurance, and
- completion of the annual renewal form.
How to Renew
- LOG IN to the physician portal to complete your Renewal Information Form (RIF) and, if applicable, any Professional Corporation Information Forms (PCIFs)* by Dec. 31, 2017.
- CHOOSE a payment option at the end of the form and submit.
- PRINT your receipt and practice permit from the physician portal three business days after you submit your completed form and payment. (We will not issue a practice permit if you are retiring or withdrawing from practice on or before Dec. 1, 2017.)
- LOG OUT of the portal after each use via the Sign Out button to protect your CPSA information. Do not just close your browser window.
*For PCs with multiple shareholders: Only the designated physician will see the PC renewal information. Once completed, the PC permit and receipt will be posted to the practice profile of ALL shareholders.
Email email@example.com, or call our office during regular business hours – 8:15 am to 4:15 pm MT, Monday to Friday:
- Edmonton and area: 780-969-4925
- Toll free in North America: 1-877-629-3787